Our Health and Safety Policy
Spartan Building Contractors’ statement of general Health and Safety policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To provide and maintain safe sites and safe systems of work.
- To decide and implement for ensuring the safe use and means of the handling, storing and transport of articles and substances.
- To provide information, instruction, training, and supervision (competent employees).
- To provide and maintain safe access to and egress from the workplace and it’s working sites.
- To provide and maintain a safe working environment and adequate welfare facilities.
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill-health.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- To review and revise the policy as necessary at regular intervals to ensure its continued suitability to our activities.
- To comply with current applicable OH&S legislation; and
- To make continual improvements in the implementation of its management systems.
In fulfilment of Spartan Building Contractors’ moral and legal responsibilities, Spartan Building Contractors is determined to take all practical measures to ensure:
- The safety, health, and welfare of all its employees and
- The safety, health, and welfare of all others who may be affected by its activities.